Monday, June 8, 2020

Infinite Jest: View Michael O'Bryan's Keynote Speech Now!

Washington University lecturer and Infinite Jest enthusiast Michael O'Bryan was kind enough to come by UCPL last week and speak to an empty auditorium (and our camera) about David Foster Wallace's encyclopedic novel. The presentation video is broken into four parts so you can watch it all at once, or break it up over a few days. Check it out here:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this very illuminating lecture. It helps me deal with some of my frustration with Wallace's big (and possibly meaningless) novel. Now I am more glad that I have finally read it and I am really looking forward to the first meeting next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ted! Glad you are along for the infinite ride...

      Delete